Duration: 13 hours
Commences: The Bahamas day trip departs Port
Everglades, located 27 miles (43 kilometers) north of the Port
Departure Dates: Daily
Departure Point: Port Everglades in Ft.
Departure Time: Depart Port Everglades at 8:00
AM. (Check-in by 6:00 AM). Arrive Freeport at 11:00 AM (weather
Return Details: Depart Freeport at 6:00 PM (Check-in
by 4:00 PM). Arrive Port Everglades at 9:00 PM.
On Board Services (Additional Charge)
• Cafeteria serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (breakfast
sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza)
• Full bar
• Espresso bar
• Duty Free Shop
Round Trip (Same Day)
- Economy, non changeable, non-cancellable: $145
- First class, refundable and changeable up to 7 day before
Round Trip (Different Day)
- Economy, non changeable, non-cancellable: $196
- First class, refundable and changeable up to 7 day
before trip: $226
Children ages 6 months to 6
years are free. Children younger than 6 months are not allowed
First class seats are more spacious, and private, compared
to economy class. Movies are also shown in first class.
Please note, there is a small area in economy class where
the movie can be seen.
Seats are not assigned. However, you will be restricted
to sit in the class purchased.
• Food, Drink, Gratuities (optional), Parking, Transfers
• Passengers 16 and over require a passport, or passport
card, that has been valid for at least one month
• Passengers 15 and under may show an original birth
certificate, instead of a passport. Copies of birth certificates
won't be accepted.
• Passengers under 18 years old travelling without
a parent or guardian require a notarized written parental
consent, along with a photocopy of the passport of the adult
• All passengers under 18 years old must be accompanied
by an adult.
• American citizens born outside the US 15 years old
or younger require either an American valid non-cancelled
passport or an original naturalization certificate accompanied
by a valid photo ID. Please note that passport application
receipts will not be accepted for travel. US legal alien
residents must present their non-expired alien resident
card. (US legal alien residents that are Bahamian citizens
must also present their Bahamian passport).
• Canadian citizens require either a Canadian passport
or a Canadian citizenship ID accompanied by another valid
Canadian government issued photo id.
• All other travelers must have valid passports from
their country of origin in conjunction with a multiple entry
US visa and if necessary a Bahamian visa, (please check
with the Bahamian consulate). Please be advised that non-resident
students traveling with a US visa (F1, J1 or M1) must also
be in possession of a valid SEVIS form (I20 or IAP66) for
• Students attending school in the US must bring a
valid passport, I94 form and signed valid paperwork from
the school, all of which must be the original copies.
• Naturalization papers are not accepted as proof
• 2 carry-ons are allowed per person. Maximum Dimensions
for a carry on item is 22 inches x 18 inches x 10 inches
( length x width x height), maximum weight: 26.5 Ib / 12
kg; any luggage item exceeding these dimensions is required
to be checked in at the cost of $25.00 USD.
• No food or beverages can be brought on-board.
• No animals are allowed on board, except guide dogs
• Passengers who are 24 weeks or more into their pregnancy
are not allowed to sail. Pregnant women less than 24 weeks
must submit, prior to departure, a letter from their attending
physician certifying the gestational period and that the
expecting mother is fit to sail.
• Smoking is not permitted.
Getting to Port Everglades
Miami Beach 411 offers round trip, private transportation
to Port Everglades. Rates
can be seen here.
Take I-95 to I-595 East straight into the Port (I-595 becomes
Eller Drive once inside the Port). I-595 runs east/west
with connections to the Fort Lauderdale/ Hollywood International
Airport, U.S.1, I-95, State Road 7 (441), Florida's Turnpike,
Sawgrass Expressway and I-75.
US1/Federal Highway entrance
At the intersection of State Road 84/Spangler Blvd., East
and U.S.1 (Federal Hwy.), turn east into the seaport.
Grand Bahama Island
Located 55 miles (90 kilometers) from Ft. Lauderdale, Grand
Bahama is the northernmost islands of
the Bahamas. The Island gets its name from the Spanish "gran
bajamar" – meaning "great shallows"
– because of its many flats and shoals surronding
Grand Bahama considered the second most
popular island in the Bahamas, and its major city, Freeport,
is regarded as the nation’s second city. [Bahamas
If you are visiting the Bahamas
and searching for a hotel, check out our section on islands
in the Bahamas.
Location: 200 miles (321 kilometers) west
Size: 530 square miles (1 372 square kilometers)
Currency: Bahamian dollar
Tourism info: Bahamas Day Trip Ministry
of Tourism (242-352-8044).
Getting there from Nassau: Fly with Bahamasair
or private air charter. The Bahamas Mailboat costs $45 one
way to and takes 12 hours.
mailboats depart from Nassau and run weekly roundtrip
to and from all islands.
Day Trip From Miami, FL.