Miami Recap: The Week in Miami (7/3/09 to 7/10/09)
Below is what happened in Miami, Florida this week, as reported on Miami Beach 411 and from other places across the web.
From Miami Beach 411:
- Go to Key West in Only 3 Minutes (Time Lapse Video)
Inspired by video of a guy driving across the county, Brad A Schenck created a wonderful time lapse video of the bus ride that goes from Miami to Key West. Normally, the ride takes about 3 hours, but through the magic of video, Brad speed up the trip to just over 3 minutes. [...]
- Miami: A Hotbed of Argentine Culture
Most visitors to the Magic City are aware of its Cuban heritage—but in recent years the Argentine population here has skyrocketed, introducing a healthy helping of South American cuisine and customs. Here are a few spots where you can release your inner gaucho. [...]
- Comparing California to Florida? There IS No Comparison
I suppose the warm weather, beaches, palm trees and traffic draw some obvious connections. But I have just spent a week in the Golden State, and I have once again been reminded why Florida is not only better, but in a league above California. [...]
- The Biltmore Asks, Why Fontainebleau Hotel?
After seeing this Google ad, it looks like the Biltmore Hotel is starting to take a more aggressive approach marketing their property. [...]
- Miami Drummers Celebrate at the Full Moon Party
At least once a month, after the sun sinks into the Everglades, a group of drummers congregate on the beach in a ritualistic serenade to celebrate the arrival of the full moon. [...]
More News From Around The Web:
Travel & Recreation
- The Biltmore Golf Course – Playable History, Brickell Life
- MIA Has Most Delayed Takeoffs, Riptide 2.0
- Miami Spa Month, South Florida Traveler
- Disney officials shun videography in wake of monorail accident, Carlos Miller
- Band Makes Revenge Video Against United Airlines, Discourse.net
- TattooLaPalooza, Tattoo & Motorcycle Extravaganza, South Florida Traveler
- 4th of July fireworks, South Beach, Random Pixels
- Fourth of July Fireworks, Nikon Miami
Food, Nightlife & Entertainment
Hot Topics From Our Forum
Miami Recap is a free weekly recap of Miami news. Subscribe, and at the end of each week, we’ll email you a summary of what happened in Miami. This will include all stories we’ve covered on Miami Beach 411 as well as headlines from sources from across the web. To receive the free newsletter, sign up here!
Was This Post Helpful? Please Share It With Others!
You Deserve More Than an Ordinary Vacation.
Travel with Miami Beach 411 Today!
- Over 10 years of excellent service guiding tours. Awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Large fleet of new motor coaches, tour buses, and luxury vans. Technology you won't find anywhere.
- Highly skilled, professional drivers and guides. From people who love what they do.
The Miami Beach 411 Travel Store is Open 24/7.
|Search for Tours & Transportation|
Discuss the surrounding area in our hugely popular Miami forum.