Automobile dealers are an interesting group, sometimes we need some car buying advice.
1. Select a dealer who is close to you geographically. If you need to return the car in for service, being close to the dealer with save you time.
2. If you have a particular model in mind do research prior to visiting dealer. I personally like autotrader.com
3. Peruse car dealership before/after hours, looking for cleanliness and general orderliness.
4. Shop at non peak hours. I find weekday mornings are best.
5. Ask to meet the manager and/or general manager prior to negotiations.
6. Make sure your vehicle is clean and orderly if you wish to trade it in.
7. Leave the kids at home if they will distract you from your mission.
#8. Remain friendly and ask what is the lowest price they will accept.
9. Trust your instincts.
10. Don’t be afraid to buy; that’s what you went there for isn’t it?
Questions, comments or further car buying advice is welcome.