|Lions at the
Metrozoo in Miami, Florida
Hours: Metrozoo is open every day of the year (including
holidays) 9:30am - 5:30pm.
Afternoon at the Miami Metrozoo (Pictures)
- Adults (13 years and older): $15.95
- Children (3 - 12): $11.95; 2 and under: Free
Located 22 miles southwest of Miami Beach, the Metrozoo houses more
than 900 wild animals in a cageless setting that
closely approximates the animals' natural habitats, giving the visitor
a feeling of embarking on an international safari.
Large, open-air exhibits allow visitors to view beautiful and
endangered wildlife at a safe yet close range. With over 300 developed
acres on a 740-acre parcel of land, Metrozoo is the only zoo in the
continental United States located in a subtropical climate. This enables
the Zoo to showcase animals that cannot easily be exhibited in colder
climates. Trek through Asia and see Asian River Otters,
Komodo Dragons, and Bengal Tigers. Hike the African plains
with giraffes, zebras and lions. Walk about Australia with koalas,
kangaroos and wallabies.
From Miami Beach:
- Take 395 West to the 836 West.
- Go 7 miles on 836 to Florida Turnpike South.
- Continue South to Exit 16.
- Turn Right at 152nd Street.
- You will then be going west on SW 152nd Street.
- The Zoo entrance is at SW 124th Avenue on your left.
12400 SW 152 Street; Miami, FL 33177
Phone: (305) 251-0400
Fax: (305) 378-6381