This page allows you to find directions, post a comment, read reviews, and check rates at the National Hotel.
Help support Miami Beach 411 by making your reservation
Rates at National
Rather make your reservation over the phone? Call toll free in
the US or Canada: 1-800-573-6351.
The Telephone Hotline is open 24/7.
Did you know that when you reserve your hotel stay on Miami Beach
411, you get a 15% Off Tour Coupon? Save
on tours in Miami, Everglades, & Key West. Learn
And don't forget, you also get rebates
on multiple day stays.
We hope you enjoy your visit. Don't hesitate to contact us should
you encounter any problems while you are here.
Hotel name: National
Address: 1677 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139
Categories: Luxury, Oceanfront, Resort
Rating: 4-star hotel
Rates: Low season from $169. High season from $229.
Resort Fee: $12.43 per day
Internet Access: Free
Check in: 4pm, Check out:
Miami Beach 411's Price Match
We guarantee the rates you find at Miami Beach 411, will match
the exact same rates as our booking partners, Expedia and
Because of the large number of reservations we process, our booking
partners are able to negotiate special web rates
with many properties. We guarantee these rates are the lowest
you can find. If there is a lower rate for the same dates at the
same hotel, we will either refund you the difference or cancel
the reservation without penalty.
Built in 1939, the National Hotel is an example
of classic Art Deco design marked by clean lines, curved walls and
Set at the corner of 16th Street
and Collins Avenue, in the heart of South Beach (and next to the
Delano Hotel), the National features
landscaped grounds, direct access to the beach, and a 205-foot-long
Infinity Pool – hailed by Condé Nast Traveler as “the
stretch limo of hotel pools”
Guests enjoy an array of personal services, including strawberry
lemonade at check-in and welcome kits with local information in
each room. A beach concierge provides chairs, towels, drinks, and
other services, and massages and beauty treatments can be reserved
through the concierge. When it's time to leave, a special "Jet
Set" to-go menu offers tasty alternatives to airline meals.
Valet parking is available, but you can
save a few dollars and park at the nearby 13 Street and Collins
Avenue garage for a flat rate of $8 per day.
Complimentary Internet access (Cable connections)
is available in the guest rooms.
• Oceanfront hotel with direct beach access
• Sun lounges and umbrellas at the private
• Fully equipped fitness room
• 24 hour front desk
• Swimming pool and tropical gardens
• Fitness room
• Poolside bar
• Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner
and room service
• General store
• Complimentary poolside yoga on Friday,
Saturday & Sunday morning
• Banquet facilities
• Meeting rooms
• Business center
• Children stay free - 12 years and under
• FREE Internet service for hotel guests
• 27” flat-screen TV, with DVD and
• Down comforter and feather pillows
• Terry bathrobes and slippers
• Toiletries from the Spa Collection, by
Gilchrist & Soames of England
• Daily New York Times or The Miami Herald
• Valet parking
• Multilingual staff
• Evening turndown service
• High speed Internet access
Points of interest
• Miami Beach Convention Center: 2 blocks
• Lincoln Road Mall, Regal Cinemas: 5 blocks
• Delano, Skybar, Mynt, Rumi: 2 blocks
• Nikki Beach, Opium, Pearl: 12 blocks
• Bayside Market, Port of Miami: 6 miles (11 km)
• Miami International Airport: 13 miles (24 km)
• Ft. Lauderdale International Airport: 23 miles (41 km)
From Miami International Airport to National Hotel:
• Leaving the Airport, follow signs to 836 East (Beaches).
• Take 836 East to 395 East
(Miami Beach) to A1A East.
• At the end of the Causewy, A1A becomes 5th Street.
• Continue East on 5th Street 7 blocks to
• Turn Left (North) on
• The National is on the Left (East) side of the street.
National Hotel is located at 1677 Collins
Avenue, in Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Miami Beach 411, you can also see
more National photos, or use our Miami
hotel map to find the exact location.
stayed here? What is your opinion of the lodging? Please share
your thoughts with others:
Write a formal review | Read
more reviews |
hotels and lodging
National Hotel "stay away"
Date: December 19, 2005
Reviewer: Miami Beach 411 User, New York City,
I produced large trade shows
for over ten years and have stayed in many hotels. This is my
first written complaint concerning a hotel, which I hope will
help to save future attendees from the problems I endured at Art
Basel (an otherwise world class and very well run event to which
I will certainly return).
Anyone booking rooms overlooking Collins avenue at the National
Hotel should be told about the road noise. I found it impossible
to sleep without earplugs (because of the road noise and the
cheap single-pane windows). I prefer to not have to sleep with
earplugs in my ears (especially when I am paying $450 per night.
When I asked, I was told that no other rooms were available
at any price.
In addition, I found the following problems with the National
(1) It was not possible to (or at least no one working at the
hotelcould figure out how to) put the hallway or main room lights
on without the overhead fan also turning on (which was not only
unpleasant but also caused a loud buzzing noise). I opted to
stay in relative darkness.
(2) It took three calls to housekeeping and two calls to the
manager to have my down comforter changed to a non-down one.
I am allergic to down and the allergic reaction I sustained
has since progressed into an infection.
(3) Most of the staff I encountered (including at the front
desk) did not speak enough English to understand the problems
I was encountering. For example, after requesting a non-down
comforter, I was brought three feather filled comforters to
which I was allergic. I hope this stemmed from their apparent
inability to understand English, as opposed to having been done
on purpose. The persons in question worked at the front desk.
(4) The plaster in the bathroom was cracked and peeling (room
(5) An important package (clearly and correctly labeled) that
I left with the concierge to be picked up at the concierge vanished.
It was later found after the recipient had tried in vain and
I was forced to speak to the manager on duty.
HERE for National Lodging Information.